Vision and Values
Our vision is to 'Nurture Aspirations'
This means ensuring we support a child's whole well being to enable them to learn and provide rich opportunities and experiences so they will
'Take off and fly!'
We aim to achieve this vision by working together as a team- staff, parents, governors and the local community:
- Create a safe and nurturing environment where pupils' emotional well-being is supported and sense of self-worth is developed
- Promote a high standard of behaviour and an atmosphere where all members of the school are valued as individuals
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is fun, hands on, creative and personalised to our children that will stimulate a natural curiosity about the world around us
- Provide high quality teaching and learning which inspires, motivates and engages all children, developing a love of learning
- Promote and celebrate effort and engagement developing self-motivated learners in order to produce confident pupils unafraid to take risks in the pursuit of ambitious goals
- Focus on developing the moral values of being caring and showing integrity and promoting the value of mutual respect for others’ beliefs, opinions, actions and authority, in order to develop ‘well rounded’, caring and responsible citizens
Our school values
Our values direct our thinking and are at the heart of our policies and practice. We have 6 core values that run across our Federation.
- We are polite and well-mannered
- We treat everyone fairly
- We value diversity and recognise that everyone is different
- We are open minded and include everyone
- We listen to each other, work together, take turns and share.
- We work together to be better problem solvers
- We communicate more clearly when working as a team
- We become better listeners
- We are tolerant of others ideas and opinions
- We build a sense of ownership
- We make people feel safe and cared for
- We are kind and considerate to each other
- We help and comfort those who need it
- We think of others feelings and do not say or do things that hurt others
- We care for ourselves, each other, the environment and things around us
- We encourage creativity and new ideas for doing things
- We ask questions
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We wonder why things happen
- We have an open growth mind-set
- We build skills to help us in life
- We become more confident as we build resilience
- We embrace challenge
- We aim high
- We look positively for solutions
- We are hopeful for the future
- We seek to achieve
We believe our school will nurture the aspirations of all of our pupils, leading them to achieve their full and unique potential – unlocking talents and promoting curiosity.
We are committed to developing a welcoming, safe and stimulating environment that will enable our pupils to become responsible members of society with a passion for life-long learning. We offer a highly engaging curriculum as well as the opportunities to create memorable experiences through learning which goes beyond the classroom. We celebrate the different experiences, interests and strengths which will influence the way they learn and develop their independence.