We expect the following from our pupils
- That they attend regularly.
- That they arrive on time and are prepared for the day.
We expect the following from parents
- To encourage their children to attend school.
- To contact the school as soon as possible when their child is unable to attend.
- To ensure that their children arrive on time and prepared for the day i.e. with reading book and diary, homework, PE Kit etc.
- To bring children to school and collect children on time.
- To contact the school when there is a problem that may keep the child away from school.
Parents / carers and pupils can expect the following from the school
- Regular, efficient and accurate recording of attendance.
- Rewarding of good attendance.
- Contact from the school if a child is absent for no reason.
- Action, including attendance panel and engagement of the Education Welfare Officer, where poor attendance gives cause for concern.
- Registration is taken by the class teacher for the morning session between 08.55 a.m. and 09.10 a.m., and between 12.55 and 01.05 p.m. for the afternoon session. Classroom doors are closed at 09.10 a.m.
All children arriving after 09.10 a.m. must enter through the main school office.
- Children arriving more than 20 minutes after registers close, i.e. after 09.30 a.m. will be marked as unauthorised unless a valid reason is provided.
Requests for Leave of Absence
All parents / carers are asked to complete a Request for Leave of Absence form if they wish to take their child out of school during term time, for anything other than, for example, medical or doctor appointments. The Head teacher will consider each request for planned absence from school.
The school is no longer allowed to authorise term time holidays.
Absences not sanctioned by the Headteacher will be treated as unauthorised.
Please see our leaflet, Attendance Matters, for more information, available from our school office or on our website.